Setup Storm Cluster In Local Mode
Storm is a free and open source distributed realtime computation system.
1. INSTALLING STORM CLUSTER IN LOCAL MODE:
Local mode simulates a Storm cluster in process and is useful for developing and testing topologies. Running topologies in local mode is similar to running topologies on a cluster.
2. SOFTWARE ENVIRONMENT :
Here the software platform which We used-
- Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04
- Java: Oracle/SUN , version:1.7.0_25
- Maven: Maven2
- Install latest version of JAVA(1.7.0_25)
- Set PATH Environment variable for java.
- Set JAVA_HOME
4. How to Install Maven:
TO install Maven on ubuntu check the given link-
$ mvn -version
6. Install storm storm-0.8.2:
1. Download storm release (in my case storm-0.8.2) from the following link- https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm 2. Extract the downloaded storm release using the following command $ tar -xvzf ~/Downloads/storm-0.8.2/ -C /usr/local
3. Set the path of bin directory of storm release to access the storm command from anywhere,
without typing the full path
Now your storm cluster is ready form local mode. Now can run a sample program to check it Where it is working or not.
7. Now download the storm example from the given link-
go to download zip button
8. Now go to the directory where you downloded the example and extract it, and change the directory to your project directory.
$ cd ~/path-to-downloaded-directory/project-name
9. Now compile the project using maven. To compile project just type the following commnd on terminal prompt-
$ mvn -e compile
After the "build successfull" go to next step.
10. Now type the following command on terminal to run the project to run
mvn -e exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="TopologyMain" -Dexec.args="src/main/resources/words.txt"